Cross-border mergers & acquisitions update
Please join us for our webcast Cross-border mergers & acquisitions update for a discussion on recent guidance issued by the IRS and Treasury Department in the cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A) area.Joe Calianno, Grant Thornton’s International Technical Tax practice leader, will be joined by Brenda Zent, international tax specialist in the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of International Tax Counsel, as presenters for this event.
Topics will include:
- Notice 2012-39 dealing with the application of Section 367 (d) to transfers of intellectual property in outbound asset reorganizations,
- Notice 2012-15 dealing with the application of Section 367 to related-party stock sales under Section 304,
- recent regulations issued under Section 7874 dealing with inversion transactions,
- the application of Section 901(m) to Section 338 transaction and other selected transactions, and
- other international tax guidance in the cross-border M&A area.
- Learn about recent guidance issued by the IRS and Treasury Department in areas related to cross-border M&A.
- Understand how this recent guidance may impact transactions that your company may be undertaking.
- Joe Calianno, partner and international technical tax practice leader, Grant Thornton LLP
- Brenda Zent, international tax specialist, U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of International Tax Counsel
Follow the steps below to replay the webcast:
- Sign-in to our webcasting portal, powered by LearnLive technologies.
- If you have not previously attended a Grant Thornton webcast, choose “New Student Registration” to create your account.
- If you have attended a Grant Thornton webcast within the past year, simply log in to your account.
- Locate the archived webcast, #160812, in the list of On-Demand Courses under the “My Catalog” section, and select "enroll."
- To play the webcast, launch the course as prompted.
- If you require assistance, please contact LearnLive at 888.228.0988 (toll-free).
Download the webcast presentation.
Please note: CPE credit is not awarded for webcast replay.
|Start Time: ||Thursday, August 16, 2012|
|End Time: ||Thursday, August 16, 2012|