Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector Advisory practice provides consulting and advisory services tailored to governments of every level around the world, international aid and development groups and related non-governmental organizations (NGO). Our professionals include former government officials who believe in what the public sector can accomplish. Their goal is to help make government more effective, efficient, and transparent.
Our Advisory professionals understand the complex issues of government because of their extensive experience in public institutions, services and systems. They have worked with public sector clients to enhance competitiveness, increase economic growth, comply with new international standards and improve service delivery to citizens. Grant Thornton’s is a proactive approach to client service, with personalized attention and quick response to client requirements. We tailor our approach to meet each client’s specific situation.
For more than 25 years, Grant Thornton has been offering public sector clients integrated and creative solutions for financial management, information technology and performance management. Our specialty areas include:
- Health care. We assist public sector health care clients in financial management, internal control, data warehousing and information technology. Clients include the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Veterans Benefit Administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and health care components of the defense community.
- Financial services. Our clients include Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs), the U.S. Federal Home Loan Banks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, the Federal Reserve and others, to whom we provide sophisticated but practical solutions for finance and accounting, internal control/A-123/Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) reporting, performance management, business intelligence and program management.
- Defense and intelligence. For the defense and intelligence community, we provide comprehensive financial management, information technology, change management, competitive sourcing and cost and performance management solutions. We support business transformation initiatives and deliver services and knowledge to align business operations with mission and war-fighting goals. Our practice professionals include former uniformed and civilian defense officials and other seasoned practitioners with the know-how to develop pragmatic client-facing solutions in the defense and intelligence environment.
- Energy, environment and transportation. Grant Thornton offers financial management, performance management, outsourcing, organizational improvement and a host of other services to our clients at the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and other key federal entities.
- Public safety. Grant Thornton has worked closely with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and nearly all of its component agencies since the department’s inception in 2003. Our focus has been on overall management and on financial management. At the U.S. Department of Justice, we have worked with the Office of Justice Programs to improve management and improve the control environment. We are also an approved vendor of the DOJ Justice Management Division Professional Assistance Contracts (PACS).
- General government. We offer sophisticated financial and performance management solutions to our clients at the U.S. Departments of Labor, Commerce (including the Patent and Trade Mark Office), Education and Housing and Urban Development, and also to the Office of Personnel Management, Executive Office of the President, regulatory agencies, Americorps and other key federal entities.
- State and local government. We work with state, municipal, county and regional governments and authorities; with K-12 schools, colleges and universities; and regional economic development organizations. Grant Thornton’s services in this area include financial management, acquisition, information technology and performance management with clients such as the California State Lottery, Hawaii Department of Human Services and the Cities of Columbus, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California.
- Global Public Sector works with Grant Thornton International Ltd to leverage our capabilities to expand public sector business across the GTI network of member firms. We focus on global markets of strategic interest, where the local firm is below size and capacity to capture the market opportunity. The public sector client focus in these markets includes U.S. government international operations, global development assistance agencies, non-U.S. government agencies and non-governmental organizations engaged in development assistance around the world.